Thursday, April 14, 2011

NAWA 122nd Annual Exhibition in NYC NY









My Red Bow
10 x 8 oil

This little painting is from an early morning walk in West Lake Park, Hongzhou, Zhejiang, China. I went to the park between 5:30 - 6am every morning to sketch and paint before breakfast. I was amazed how many people, elderly to the very young, were out so early.

This little girl was walking with her grandmother. Her sweet face, big red bow and wonderful hair, just looked like a painting to me. Even though my visit to China was years ago, I am still using sketchbook and photo reference material in my work. There were so many beautiful moments.

My Red Bow will be in the National Association of Women Artists 122nd Anniversary Exhibition in New York.

May 3 - 31, 2010
Sylvia Wald and Po Kim Gallery
417 Lafayette Street, NYC NY
Opening Reception: May 19, 2011 6 - 8pm

No comments: